Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ken's Artisan Bakery in Portland!

OH MY GOD SO GOOD! I had the Ken's specialty croissant, and a canelle (I promptly bought two to bring back to have with tea in my dorm, funny how I'm currently eating it... sans tea, not in my dorm...) and a very yummy shortbread cookie. These were all split with Rikki mind you. I am not that greedy now that I'm at college (but if you want to give me free food, yes please!).

Anyway. FABULOUS pastries, good iced tea, stumptown coffee so also good coffee I assume (haven't had that yet, but I will return for more!). They also have soups, pizza, sandwiches. I see food-based adventures in my future all concerning this fabulous little patisserie.

GO EAT AND BE HAPPY!

UPDATE: I went back and had their grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. The grilled cheese was unlike any grilled cheese I've ever had. Meaning it was made with bree cheese instead of good old cheddar. I prefer cheddar. The soup however was quite fabulous (it had a blue cheese swirl, so much yum).

happily content with her canelles from Ken's,

-Kaya

No comments: