Thursday, August 20, 2009


Cafe Senso Unico is a little cafe on Olive off 7th. I've been walking by there the last couple of days on my way to work, but already had a coffee in hand, so I never stopped in. Senso Unico is a small Itallian cafe with sturdy padded chairs and brightly colored walls with tiled designs above the door and on the tables. Their coffee is a very interesting, with a nutty brown taste to it and it doesn't need any sugar. They have the usual array of food options you'll find anywhere else, with a heavy lean towards coissants with different fillings (I recommend the rasberry cream cheese). As I was sitting in the cafe I heard a couple people order the mocha and the barista warned them that it's really sweet.
All the people who work there are Itallian and speak in a mixture of english and itallian which is interesting to listen to and watch. The older Barista whistles as he works, which I would usually find annoying, but it wasn't. The people who came in and out seemed to be regulars and the young woman who worked there knew what some of them wanted before they asked and she complimented their outfits.
The accoustics in the cafe aren't the best, although the music is soft the espresso machine they use is really loud, so the cafe probably isn't the best place to catch up with friends, but if you need to stop in for a cup of coffee and a pastry I would difinetly reccomend it.

-Rikki

Disclaimer: I did not take this picture, I found it on a google search. I'm hoping to go and take my own picture soon.

No comments: